Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blogger?

So I never really expected to get a blog, I don't really know who will want to read it. But I have been pretty bored recently while recovering from my surgery, and starting a blog seems like a good way to think about things, get things off my chest or just share stories soo, MJ convinced me to give it a shot.

My first post was pretty lame or uninteresting to some people I guess, but that is the biggest thing that is on my mind right now... I had surgery 10 days ago, and hate being on crutches and confined to my bed all of the time. I can definitely get out and do things, but it just makes me so tired! I get exhausted after a day of a few classes, and get back to my room and just want to sleep. It would be even worse if I didn't have DART. I don't know what I would do without this free taxi service to/from class, physical therapy, the grocery store, whereever (within reason/Barracks Rd). If you are a UVA student who has some type of disability that inhibits your ability to get to class, DART is a lifesaver.

I also think it would be great to invent crutches that have some type of bag attached or somewhere to hold simple things. I have to walk super slow and swing a crutch forward awkwardly whenever I'm using a hand to hold something else. Let me know if you hear about anything

No comments:

Post a Comment